Sunday 25 November 2012

Sunday Post 25th November 2012

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


I got a real mix of books this week!



Bought: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell. This is more of a non-fiction book, but I read the whole thing through last night, and it is so funny. But I know from experience of working at a library that people really do say stupid things. 

For Review: Quicksilver by R.J Anderson. I don't know if this is a sequel or a companion novel to Ultraviolet, but either way I'm excited to read this one! This is due to be published in March 2013 (January in ebook fomat). Thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for my review copy.

Gifted: Trapped by Kevin Hearne. This is book 5 in the Iron Druid Chronicles. Thanks so much to Lynsey at Narratively Speaking for sending me her unwanted copy.

--------------------------
This week on Always Lost in Stories I posted-
I wished for Ten by Gretchen McNeil on Wishlist Wednesday
---------------------------
Coming up this week look out for-
More book reviews
Also, Best of the Bunch goes up on Friday. (Best of the Bunch is a monthly meme hosted by me where we can recap all the books that we read or reviewed over the month, and award our favourite with the title of Best of the Bunch) Go to the Best of the Bunch page here to find out more, grab the stickers ready to write up your post, and find out how to join in. 
----------------------------


That was my week- what books did you get this week? Link me up!
Happy reading!

20 comments:

  1. I really need to start reading the Kevin Hearne series! They look like such fun - plus the covers have a hot guy on them...not that I'm shallow or anything.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you haven't already read them Mel- they're exactly your sort of book. Plus the guy on the cover is definitely a bonus ;)

      Delete
  2. Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores - sounds like a funny book. Hope you enjoy all your new reads :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO need to check out Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops :D It souns like such a funny book! I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sally! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul. Enjoy them... Thank you for stopping by. Renegade is really good so far. :)


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Trapped looks really good. I want to read Ten too. My SNL is reading it right now. Hopefully she'll let me borrow it soon. Happy reading!

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops is great isn't it? I loved Ultraviolet and hope that Quicksilver is just as good! Enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you like Quicksilver! I finished it last week and thought it was complete and utter brilliance. Just as good as Ultraviolet, if not more! And it's a companion to Ultraviolet, told from Tori's point of view. :) Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blythe! I loved Ultraviolet, so I was just so excited to see Quicksilver I barely looked to see what it was about!

      Delete
  8. O.o Trapped, I just bought book one of that series and hope to read before Christmas..LOL I love the Weird Things..and that would be a perfect book for the coffee table. Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic book filled week. The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Quicksilver cover reminds me of the Unearthly covers. I think it's the color and the font. Anyways hope you enjoy your books. My STS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops sounds absolutely hilarious. *adding it to wishlist*
    Happy reading!

    My Mailbox Post


    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' sounds hilarious, I'll add it to my TBR list!
    My In My Mailbox: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/11/25/in-my-mailbox/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHH you got Quicksilver?! I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm lucky! I need to find time to read it now...

      Delete
  13. What a lovely recap for the week! So many great books there. Happy Reading!!! My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaay for Quicksilver! I loved Ultravolet so much. I'm curious to see what you think of Trapped, I was just a tiny bit disappointed
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A nice haul! I have only read the first book in Kevin Hearns series but I really enjoyed it
    Have a great week & happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to know the funny things people say in bookstores.
    I bet there are so doozies in there. I love Kevin Hearne's series, but I'm way behind. Have fun reading.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Ultraviolet series seems to be a popular one. I've heard nothing but good things. I want to read that. Great haul Sally! Enjoy your reads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva