Thursday 22 November 2012

Review: Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Source: Bought

Synopsis from Goodreads:
With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal.  

It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume in the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all.



Book 4 in the Tiger saga

All my other reviews of this series have been gushing fangirly squees about amazing these books are- and I'm sorry, but this one is going to be exactly the same!

How much do I love this series?!! It says a lot that despite my massive pile of books I still had to pick this one up as soon as it landed through the door. I just love Ren and Kishan- the two brothers, and the whole magical world that Kelsey is transported to in each book. There really are no books out there that are similar- this story is totally unique, and so different.

But I especially just love how emotional the books are- I really do feel right there with Kelsey throughout all the ups and downs of her journey. I'm afraid for her, sad for her and as much torn in love as she is! She is a great heroine, I love that she is so smart and inquisitive, but brave and self-sacrificing when she needs to be too.

But I also feel for Ren and Kishan as well, and everything that they have been put through. The love and loyalty, but also brotherly rivalry between them is great. This is definitely an emotional rollercoaster of a book with ups and downs, and some shocks and surprises.

It had come to point where I honestly didn't know which brother I was rooting for- I loved them both in their own different ways, but I really feel that the way the book ended was just perfect, and I couldn't have imagined any other route for the story. Everything came together in the last 100 pages, and felt very satisfying.

These four books have taken me with these characters on an epic quest to break an ancient curse, through heartbreak, kidnappings, fights with mystical creatures, battles of wits, love and tragedy. It's exciting, heroic, magical and deeply romantic- what more could you ask for from a great read?! I love it! Amazing books that I will definitely keep re-reading.

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

Rest of the series:

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)

A 5th book- Tiger's Dream is due to be published in 2013, but I'm not really sure why- everything seemed to be tied up in a neat little bow at the end of book 4 to me...

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten the chance to read it yet, but the covers are what pulled me into buying it! With your awesome (and gushing) review, I won't have any choice but to put it on my TBR pile for December!

    Lisa
    @turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this series, but I love when a series arrival makes you drop everything else, will mark these for future reads.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva