Wednesday 13 February 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #18

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.



I think cover lust is a large part of the reason why I want this book. Isn't it pretty? Plus it sounds weird and emotional- and I'm curious. 




Above by Leah Bobet
Goodreads
Matthew has loved Ariel from the moment he found her in the tunnels, her bee’s wings falling away. They live in Safe, an underground refuge for those fleeing the city Above—like Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, and Jack Flash, who can shoot lightning from his fingers.


But one terrifying night, an old enemy invades Safe with an army of shadows, and only Matthew, Ariel, and a few friends escape Above. As Matthew unravels the mystery of Safe’s history and the shadows’ attack, he realizes he must find a way to remake his home—not just for himself, but for Ariel, who needs him more than ever before.



Has anybody read this yet? What did you think?
Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. I really want to read this as well - it sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this sounds really interesting and the mention of bee wings has me intrigued! Love that cover too! I hope you get it soon and love it :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, I've seen this one around many times, hope you get it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting! I'll have to add it to my TBR list! Hope you get it soon!

    New follower via GFC :D

    -Sonnie @ ParaDays (My WW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some mixed things about this book. So I don't know if I want to check it out or not, but I love the cover! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this but it sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy it :)
    my WW
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one has been on my to-read for a long time, but I still haven't picked it up yet! I love the cover.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds really interesting. Definitely adding it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice! Sounds intriguing :)

    http://www.fortheloveoffilmandnovels.com/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cover. It is what drew me to this book. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-35.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva