Tuesday 26 February 2013

Goals and updates- "Take Control of Your TBR pile" March

Here's the thing... Because I borrow so many library books, and get so many books to read for review, I always make reading these books a priority and I can never find time to read the books that I actually own. (Not that that stops me from lusting after and ordering even more!)
But I really do want to catch up on some of the books I have already have on my shelf. I bought them because I was so excited to read them after all. So this March I am joining in with Kimba at The Caffeinated Book Reviewer and around a hundred other book bloggers in pledging to spend March reading through the books I already have to read.
So- sorry library, and sorry publishers- but I'm hanging on to your books for a while longer and March is strictly a TBR month!




Right- on average I read about 10 books a month (2 of which are audio books so that doesn't count), but I have picked out a bunch of books that I aim to read this month.



I want to read at least 8 of this pile (+ 3 are spares in case I manage to read super quickly!)

It actually scared me when I was trying to narrow down which books to choose for this challenge, exactly how many books I have sitting unread- I may have to give myself another TBR only month later in the year!

I'm looking forward to working through these amazing looking books (finally!), and also- one of my favourite aspects of these readalong/ read-a-thon challenges- networking with other book bloggers.

I will update my progress here, and on twitter- Using hashtag #TakeControl

4 comments:

  1. Ooh love that gorgeous pile. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike cupcake. Don't worry about those Arcs I am hosting a Clean Sweep Arc challenge in May..lol. 8 books is a great goal and we will be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge for this month! I've committed myself to reading 10 books that I bought myself every month for the rest of the year. It's going okay - managed it in January but only read 7 in February. We'll see how March goes. Good luck to the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva