Thursday 31 January 2013

Best of the Bunch January 2013

Best of the Bunch is a monthly wrap-up and award ceremony hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.

It is also a blog hop for bloggers to showcase their pick of "Best of the Bunch". I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link anytime in the following month- please join in, I love hearing about which books you thought were the most amazing!

For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here, then all you need to do is write up your post showing us your Best of the Bunch and add your linky to the list below. Don't forget to check out the other blogs to find out which books other bloggers have awarded the best.



January:
This month I have reviewed on the blog:

  • The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter My Review 4 of 5 stars
  • Geek Girl by Holly Smale My Review 4 of 5 stars
  • Pantomime by Laura Lam My Review 4.5 of 5 stars
and the winner of Best of the Bunch January 2013 is...


...drumroll...


... Pantomime by Laura Lam! 

I read this about a month ago, and I'm still thinking about it! It's so unique, eye-opening and emotional. I love all the characters, and the fantasy setting- it's so good. 



Goodreads
R. H. Ragona’s Circus of Magic is the greatest circus of Ellada. Nestled among the glowing blue Penglass—remnants of a mysterious civilisation long gone—are wonders beyond the wildest imagination. It’s a place where anything seems possible, where if you close your eyes you can believe that the magic and knowledge of the vanished Chimaera is still there. It’s a place where anyone can hide.

Iphigenia Laurus, or Gene, the daughter of a noble family, is uncomfortable in corsets and crinoline, and prefers climbing trees to debutante balls. Micah Grey, a runaway living on the streets, joins the circus as an aerialist’s apprentice and soon becomes the circus’s rising star.

But Gene and Micah have balancing acts of their own to perform, and a secret in their blood that could unlock the mysteries of Ellada


That was my Best of the Bunch- I'd love to know- who gets your bananas?
If you write your own monthly wrap-up post why not link it into Best of the Bunch and leave the link to your post in the box below. 



...Or, tell me which of your January reads was your favourite in the comments section.
Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED Pantomime! It ended up on my list of favourite books for all of 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pantomime sounds really good and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an awesome read! I loved The Night Circus and this sounds like it could be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good book. Just added it to Goodreads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to check out Pantomine! I have the Goddess Inheritance on my Nook and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva