Thursday 26 January 2012

The Time Will Come #47

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.

This is another one of those books that I bought for the kindle and they got kind of lost somewhere in the depths of my kindle. I want to read it still, but I'm a little bit put off by it's huge size! Unfortunately at the moment, if it's not a book I recieved for review, I just don't have time to read it right now, especially the big ones! One day though- it does look really good!


Eden by Keary Taylor

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Eve knew the stories of the Fall, of a time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. She’s seen the aftermath of the technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter, able to grow new organs and limbs, how it evolved out of control. The machine took over and the soul vanished. A world quickly losing its humanity isn’t just a story to her though. At eighteen, this world is Eve’s reality.



In their Fallen world, love feels like a selfish luxury, but not understanding what it is makes it difficult to choose between West, who makes her feel alive but keeps too many secrets, and Avian, who has always been there for her, but is seven years her senior.


The technology wants to spread and it won’t stop until there is no new flesh to assimilate. With only two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. While fighting to keep Eden alive, Eve will discover that being human is about what you will do for those you love, not what your insides may be made of. And even if it gets you killed, love is always what separates them from the Fallen.

Apparently, it is also being considered as a movie- Big movie news from Variety.com: Independent financier and production company Kerry, Kimmel and Pollack has acquired rights to Keary Taylor's novel "Eden," a dystopian thriller described as a cross between "The Hunger Games" and "The Terminator." "Eden" will be produced by Mark Morgan ("The Twilight Saga"), Kami Garcia (the "Beautiful Creatures" series), Brett Hudson ("Fast Flash to Bang Time") and Michael Pollack ("Black Forest").


If it gets turned into a film I will HAVE to read the book soon!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh I didn't know this may be a movie. If it is I will definitely read this first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only had my Kindle for a month and already have books that need to be read but probably won't be gotten to for a long time. Now books, I have tons that I bought and wanted to read, but haven't gotten to. All that money sitting on my shelves.
    But I WILL read them.

    I'm like you though about the books before movies. I want to read them before I see the movie because the book is always better than the movie, but then if I see the movie first, I usually think the movie is pretty good, until I read the book.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva