Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012 Reading Challenges

Quick confession- I'm a ditherer. I want to enter all of these reading challenges, I look them all up, spend ages trying to decide which ones to enter, and then decide to just make my mind up later, and do it later. I procrastinate. I am constantly saying "Ive been meaning to do this for ages..."

New Years resolution- no more dithering! Just get on and do it!

These are the reading challenges I'm setting myself for 2012.

1. The TBR Pile Reading Challenge hosted by Book Passion For Life


This challenge involves reading all the books in our old TBR piles. I have so, so many of these, and I showcase them all in a thursday feature called The Time Will Come. Sadly most of the books I own I haven't actually read because I borrow so many library books, and read them instead. I'm determined to get though some of these books on my shelves because I really want to read them (which is why I bought them!) and now is the time to get them read.

I am setting myself the highest level for this challenge- 40-50 books. That means that one every 3 books read this year needs to be published in 2011 or earlier.



2. The Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren


This challenge is to read and review a minimum of 12 YA titles written by debut authors. I read lots of books last year by debut authors, and found some absolutely fantastic books.







3. The Witches and Witchcraft Reading Challenge hosted by Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

The challenge is to read "Any full length book that includes a witch as a main character or major witchcraft elements"
The Levels:

Initiate: Read 1 - 5 Witchy Books
Maiden: Read 6 - 10 Witchy Books
Mother: Read 11 - 15 Witchy Books
Crone: Read 16 - 20 Witchy Books

Ok- I love this genre and I already have some books in mind to read for this challenge, so I am going to set myself the Maiden challenge (6-10 books), and hope to exceed it.

4. The Zombie Challenge hosted by Book Chick City


I love zombie books and have read some brilliant zombie books in 2011. I have so many zombie novels that I want to read so I am going to set myself the second level of the challenge- a target of reading 12 zombie books in 2012, but hopefully more.




5. The Morganville Vampire Challenge hosted by Ink and Paper


Right, I have had the Morganville Vampires series on my to-read list for ages. I even bought all the books in a 3 for £5 sale. I really want to read them. I love reading reviews from people who love them.
2012 will be the year!
I aim to read at least the first 3 books in this series by the end of the year.











6. The British Books Challenge hosted by The Overflowing Library

The challenge is to read 12 books by British authors in 2012.

Here's hoping!








I need to start reading!

Am I a challenge junkie?

3 comments:

  1. Seems like your a fan of the Morganville Vampires as well like me!! :) Just thought you'd like to know about my blog and probably be interested in joining as its all about Morganville Vampires!!! Heres the link and by the way it's new..... www.morganvillevampirestexas.blogspot.com ... ...hope you join and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for joining the british books challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining my Witches & Witchcraft reading Challenge!!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva