Sunday 22 January 2012

In My Mailbox 22nd January 2012

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped, or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and to increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.


I got some fantastic books for review this week- I'm so excited about all of them-

For Review:

  • Partials by Dan Wells (Goodreads). A dystopian thriller set in a future with cloned humans, bad-ass female scientist heroines, and bands of survivors gathering together to escape a deadly virus. This sounds very exciting and I'm ridiculously excited to get a copy of this book.
Thanks to HarperTeen and Netgalley.

  • Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (Goodreads). The sequel to Goddess Test which I read and liked last year. I'm intrigued to see where this story is going to head to next. This is kind of a modern day re-telling of the Greek myth of Hades and Persephone.
Thanks to Harlequin publishers and Netgalley.



  • Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz (Goodreads). This is the sequel to Spellbound  (which I have but haven't actually read- but now that I have the sequel this will be the kick up the bum I need to get on and read it already)! This looks like a very daydreamy series (judging by the cover), about witches and curses.
Thanks to Harlequin publishers and Netgalley.





That was it for me this week. What books came into your house this week?
Happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. You got some great books. I haven't read any goddess books yet, but when I do I want to start with that one. It's good to see you aren't in a sophomore slump, I always get into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want The Goddess Test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless netgalley! I picked up Partials as well this week - I hope it lives up to the blurb as I can't to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already read Spellcaster and it was really good! I got Goddess Interrupted too and I hope I get to start reading soon!

    Hope you enjoy your books
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/7qg7m9t

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have three great titles this week! I'm familiar with these books since I've seen them around in number of weeks in people's mailboxes. I recalled being intrigued by Goddess Interrupted and Spellcaster - enjoy your new reads!

    Here's our IMM over at GatheringBooks:
    http://wp.me/pDlzr-2SQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really good books there :) I'll keep a look out for the review of Goddess Interrupted

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to reading all of those books, especially Goddess Interrupted! Hope you enjoy them :)

    In My Mailbox #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't started any of these yet (I also got them for review) but they all look great! Enjoy!

    My IMM this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Mailbox. These three books sounds excellent. Hope you enjoy them!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set! So cool that you got Goddess Interrupted. I still need to read Spellbound so I can read Spellcaster.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Partials! I envy you! Great picks this week!

    My IMM:
    http://www.flyleafreview.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh you got Partials! *jealous* It looks really good. Hope you enjoy it!

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard really fantastic things about Partials so far. I hope you enjoy all of them! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva