Thursday 8 March 2012

The Time Will Come #52

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.




My pick this week is Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta. This is book 2 in the Lumatere Chronicles- a fantasy adventure series. I read Finnikin of the Rock last year and enjoyed it, and ordered this one to read as well. The reason I haven't read it yet is that it's so BIG! It seems nearly twice as tall and wide as other books, and is also about 600 pages long. I will hopefully get around to reading it one day though, before I completely forget what happened in the first in the series. It has fantastic reviews, and actually has a 4.63 star rating average on Goodreads. 







Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta (Goodreads)

Three years after the curse on Lumatere was lifted, Froi has found his home... Or so he believes... 

Fiercely loyal to the Queen and Finnikin, Froi has been trained roughly and lovingly by the Guard sworn to protect the royal family, and has learned to control his quick temper. But when he is sent on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn, nothing could have prepared him for what he finds. Here he encounters a damaged people who are not who they seem, and must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad Princess. 

And in this barren and mysterious place, he will discover that there is a song sleeping in his blood, and though Froi would rather not, the time has come to listen. 

Gripping and intense, complex and richly imagined, Froi of the Exiles is a dazzling sequel to Finnikin of the Rock, from the internationally best-selling and multi-award-winning author of Looking for AlibrandiSaving FrancescaOn the Jellicoe Road and The Piper's Son.


 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Melina Marchetta. I have Jellicoe Road and I am determined to read it this year. I hope you get to enjoy this one soon and that the 600 pages fly by!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything from this author either, but this book sounds good.

    SarahS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this book is really good from pretty much everyone that reads it. I hope you get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good book! And I love big books, but usually 500 is my max, but that one sounds like I could stretch it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva