- Steelflower by Lilith Saintcrow. (Goodreads). This has been sitting on my wishlist for a long while, and I saw a bargain on Amazon Marketplace so I treated myself. I was so thrilled when it came because it looks brand new. This is written by the author of the Strange Angels series (which I loved), and is a fantasy story with magic, elves, princes, and assassins.
From Fame To Shame by Veronica Blade. (Goodreads). I have another book by this author (Something Witchy This Way Comes) which I still haven't read yet, but this book was free from Amazon this week, so I grabbed a copy. It's a contemporary story about twins who switch places- " When good-girl Maddie switches places with her famous bad-girl twin Jackie, she has some pretty high stilettos to fill. "
It looks like a sweet romance.
From the library:
- Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan M. James. (Goodreads). I'm intrigued by a book written by a mother and son writing team. The cover looks eerie and from what I can gather about the blurb it's about angels, a girl discovering her new powers through terrifying visions, and a forbidden romance.
- Pure by Julianna Baggott. (Goodreads). This is a dystopian sci-fi book that sounds incredibly creepy and very strange, but I'm really intrigued. Set a few years after a nuclear holocaust where many people are hideously deformed, and a society trying to rebuild itself in a cruel militaristic way. Words I've heard used to describe this book are "bizarre" "disturbing" and "surreal". But it's piqued my interest.
- Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. (Goodreads). This is an adult urban fantasy series that I've been meaning to read for absolutely ages.
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. (Goodreads). I'm so excited to get a copy of this book because it's written by Julie Kagawa, the author of the incredible Iron Fey series which I loved for being so beautifully written and so richly detailed. This is her take on a vampire series. Set in a future world where vampires reign and humans are blood cattle.
Those were all the books that came to me this week- what did you get?