Saturday 31 March 2012

Best of the Bunch March 2012

Best of the Bunch is a meme previously hosted at Lyrical Reviews, and now hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then add your linky to the list below.




March 2012
This month I have reviewed on the blog:

  • Sweetly by Jackson Pearce- My Review- 3.5 of 5 stars
  • New Girl by Paige Harbison- My Review- 4 of 5 stars
  • Cloaked by Alex Flinn- My Review- 4 of 5 stars
  • Hallowed by Cynthia Hand- My Review- 4 of 5 stars
  • The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore- My Review- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter- My Review- 4 of 5 stars
and the award for Best of the Bunch for March 2012 is going to go to...

...drumroll...

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore!

I really enjoyed this for it's action and adventure, but also it's heart. This is the second book in a series, and adds new characters, and a whole new dimension to the story. 
I thought this book was so much better than book I Am Number Four. I loved the dual narrative as the story switches between John (Number Four) in America, and Marina (Number Seven) hiding out in Spain. Their lives are so different, and this made the story seem so multi-layered. They are all discovering their powers and starting to talk about fighting back, and this gives it a great atmosphere of tension and building drama. 
Intense, fast-paced and exciting. A great story. 




Honourable mentions also go to Hallowed and Goddess Interrupted. Both also great books. 

So which book gets your award? Add the link to your post below, and visit some of the other blogs taking part.

[]

I've been poorly on and off throughout February and March, so I haven't written many reviews lately- but that is going to change next month as I try to catch up- promise! I've read so many fantastic books lately and I really want to talk about them, and get all these half-written reviews done and up on the blog. April will be a better month!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely thinking of picking up The Power of Six now whereas I wasn't fussed before your review! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read this one! I really enjoyed I Am Number Four, but I'm so glad to see that this one is even better! It's definitely moving up my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked I Am Number Four, too, and I raelly need to get around to reading this one...if only for Bernie Kosar!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva