Saturday 31 August 2013

Best of the Bunch August 2013

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.
I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link in anytime in the following month :D
For more info and to grab the button and stickers visit the BOTB page here and then when you've written up your post, add your linky to the list below. 


Check it out!!  I got a new button courtesy of Emma from The Graphicness (thanks Emma!). Feel free to use the new button on your own posts and share it around.

August 2013

This month I have read-

  • With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers #7)- 4 of 5 stars
  • Angel Fever by L.A Weatherly (Angel #3)- 5 of 5 stars
  • Collide by Gail McHugh (Collide #1)- 1 of 5 stars
  • Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (His Fair Assassin #2)- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • The Night Itself by Zoe Marriott (Name of the Blade #1)- 3 of 5 stars
  • Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #3)- 4 of 5 stars
And the winner of Best of the Bunch August 2013 goes to...

...drumroll...

Angel Fever by L.A Weatherly!


In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?


This was just a phenomenal ending to what has been one of my favorite YA series. It was exciting, it moved me, it engrossed me and ultimately left with that contented warm and fuzzy feeling. Love this series. 

Honourable mention goes to Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. I can't let this book slip by unmentioned- it is amazing- historical fantasy at it's finest. Characters that got under my skin, intrigue and rescues... such a great book.


--------------
So I'd love to know- what was the best book you read/ reviewed this month? Link it up here! 
Already written up a monthly wrap-up post? Why not link it up here!? And don't forget to visit the other blogs to get some great new book recs. 

Just let me know- Who gets your bananas?


Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I am really curious about that Angel series. I've been contemplating whether or not to check it out. And I really enjoyed the Indigo Spell :) Great books this month! And thanks for stopping by my wrap up post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new button. It's beautiful!
    I'm not a fan of angel books at all... but I might have to try that one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like such a good idea, i just had to give it a go :) I love the button and your book looks really interesting though i'm afraid to say i haven't read it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh glad to see Dark Triumph got an honorable mention, I hope that means Grave Mercy is really good! Thanks for stopping by my blog Cait

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Looks like you've had a great reading month! I really loved Dark Triumph, so I'm happy to see it getting an honourable mention. More people should read that series!

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my EOM Wrap Up! I really need to get my hands on Dark Triumph! Looks like you've had a pretty good month!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time taking part, I hope I did it right! I chose a "Best of the Month" instead of "Bunch", but I did link back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I joined for the first time this month. Fun meme! Thanks for hosting it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I love your new button! It's so pretty!
    You had a really good month!
    I can't wait to get around to reading With All My Soul! That series is killing me and I can't wait to see how it ends!I need to check out the His Fair Assassin series soon, it sounds awesome!
    I hope you have a great September :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by, love the meme you have for monthly wrap ups.
    Hopefully I remember this month to follow suit ;)
    Congrats on your progress, those sound like some great books!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva