Monday 8 August 2011

In My Mailbox 7th August 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and improve our awareness of all the new books coming out.
I got some more great books to read this week-

Bought:

  • Wither by Lauren DeStephano. I have been dying to read this book since in first came out in hardback earlier this year and it seemed like everyone was reading it and raving about it. It was a little bit pricey though, and now it has finally come out in paperback I can't wait to read it.
  • Bumped by Megan McCafferty. This is another futuristic dystopian novel that sounds really exciting, finally came out in paperback, and I'm really looking forward to reading it.
From the Library:



  • Exile by Rebecca Lim. This is book 2 in the Mercy series. I read Mercy recently and really liked it but I was hoping for more character development. I hope it will be here in the sequel.
  • Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. I've heard so many positive things about this series that I need to read it! But I really don't like the cover for it here (I think it looks a bit too kiddie), and I prefer the American covers for the series. But what I do think is kind of cool is that if you look closely at the shadows that the girls cast they all have wings or horns.
For Review:

  • I saw this on Netgalley and thought it sounded really interesting, and I was in the mood for something other than YA. I've read it already, and although it was completely different from what I was expecting, I loved it and rated it 4 stars. This isn't being published until December 2011, and still needs a little bit of polishing but I can recommend it.
Thanks to Random House Publishing for letting me read this book.






So those were the books that were added to my reading pile (mountain!) this week. What did you get in your mailbox?
Happy reading!



6 comments:

  1. Hex Hall is absolutely amazing! I love the series so much! Wither was good, in a strange sort of way ;) I've read Mercy but didn't like it enough to continue with series! I am curious about what happens next but just don't have the time. Hope you enjoy it! Many have said that Bumped is really crazy/confusing. That put me off a little but fingers crossed it's good! I thought about getting Demon Lover but didn't in the end. Review pile is big enough as it is!

    Great mailbox. Happy reading! Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Hex Hall and I've been dying to read Wither. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    I got Bumped this week and I'm really looking forward to it, too (speaking of which, I see you're reading Forgotten which I bought today as well).

    Withered is so, so good. Have you seen that pretty new cover for its sequel? Cover love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mailbox this week. I am glad to hear that Demon Lover was good. I saw it too and asked to view it but I am still waiting to get approved.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exile? Cool. I look forward to your review. Thank you again for stopping by my blog :)

    PS I sent you a friend request on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva