Wednesday 28 August 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #34

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.




Of Beast and Beauty  by Stacey Jay
Goodreads

In the beginning was the darkness, and in the darkness was a girl, and in the girl was a secret...

In the domed city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra, a Smooth Skin, is raised to be a human sacrifice whose death will ensure her city’s vitality. In the desert outside Yuan, Gem, a mutant beast, fights to save his people, the Monstrous, from starvation. Neither dreams that together, they could return balance to both their worlds.

Isra wants to help the city’s Banished people, second-class citizens despised for possessing Monstrous traits. But after she enlists the aid of her prisoner, Gem, who has been captured while trying to steal Yuan’s enchanted roses, she begins to care for him, and to question everything she has been brought up to believe.

As secrets are revealed and Isra’s sight, which vanished during her childhood, returned, Isra will have to choose between duty to her people and the beast she has come to love.


A fantasy retelling of an old fairytale, with some magic and romance thrown in? I'm in! This one sounds really good I think, and that 4.1 review average on Goodreads is really promising. Unfortunately this book hasn't been published yet in the UK, so this one will have to stay on my wishlist for now. 

Some reviews of this book-
Bookish Brunette- 5 of 5 stars
Nick's Book Blog- 5 of 5 stars
Never Ending Stories- 5 of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. I've been really curious about this book :) I really want to check it out.

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love retellings of Beauty & the Beast, and this one sounds like it might be really good. I hope you get a copy soon!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this one too! I love the cover. Interesting takes on my favorite stories are my favorite! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/wishlist-wednesday-61_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently won a copy of this one! I cannot wait for it to get here!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva