(more of my stunning artwork!)
These are 6 books that I recommend all the time.
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I love anything written by this author but this book especially is one of my all-time favourites. I usually try and re-read it about once a year. It's a fantasy series but I think that it because it focuses on the emotions and lives of the characters it could appeal to anyone. I love Yelena the main character- talk about your strong every-woman.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. This series has to be one of the best ever written! It's beautiful, amazing, romantic, terrifying and just- wow! Read it!
- Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. This series is unique and powerful. I read it years ago and it blew me away then- it still blows me away now. Such a good book.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Hehehe- I got everybody at work (who were initially like- "but it's a kid's book")- reading this and everybody LOVED it! This is one of those books I literally couldn't put down. I like my sleep so it takes a LOT to keep me up all night but this book managed it! This series is just amazing.
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. It's the whole series I love not just this first book. This is another one that kept me up all night reading it. Thrilling, clever, and just brilliant- this is the book that I wish I'd written myself. It's pure genius. (Don't bother watching the movie though- it's crap).
- Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. This is a series that I wish more people knew about. It deserves hype because it magical, lyrical and sweet, and I love how much detail goes into the story and the world-building. And Ren is pretty great too! ♥ ☺ I love this book and am always recommending it to people.
So those are some of my absolute favourite books ever. What are you waiting for?! Go read them!