I got a couple of exciting new books this week. I got-
- The Near Witch by Victoria Swab. This is one I have wanted for a long while. It has finally come out in paperback.
From the library:
- Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan. A friend has been nagging me to read this one but it looks pretty good. It's a paranormal romance.
I also bought some CDs because I luuurve musicals, and these have been playing on repeat in my house for the past week!
In other news...
- On Friday I travelled to the city of Bath to attend an author talk and signing by Cassandra Clare. She shared anecdotes about her writing and research, answered questions, and was really funny and so nice. She signed my books for me, made a lovely comment about my bookmark, and wrote a little heart and Jem in my copy of Clockwork Prince when I said I was a fan of Jem in the series. I really look like a deranged fan in this pic, but she was very sweet.
- On Thursday my monthly meme Best of the Bunch was posted. This is a monthly event where we can showcase our reviews of the month, and give an award to our favourite.
- I am taking part in a Jubilee giveaway blog hop- it's international, so enter for a chance to win some fab titles.
- On Saturday I was featured on Kirsty's Bookcase Showcase over at The Overflowing Library. Pop on over there if you want to have a nosy at my bookshelves.
- What's coming up in the next week? Well, with work, running club, and spending time with my beautiful little nephew, I haven't had a chance to write a single book review this week- so next week will be full of reviews, and I also have a Q and A with Ransom Riggs (author of Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children) planned soon, so look out for that.
That was my books and news for this week. What books did you get this week?