This month I have reviewed on the blog-
- Huntress by Malinda Lo (3.5 of 5 stars)
- Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (4 of 5 stars)
- The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa (4 of 5 stars)
- POD by Stephen Wallenfels (4.5 of 5 stars)
- Intertwined by Gena Showalter (4 of stars)
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (5 of 5 Stars)
- Supernaturally by Kiersten White (3 of 5 stars)
- Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (5 of 5 stars)
- Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison (1.5 of 5 stars)
- Eve by Anna Carey (4 of 5 stars)
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck!
For me this was such a wonderful book because it was a big romantic mysterious, magical adventure with such vivid description of time and place. The main character was a strong, independent, sweet, smart girl, and the love interest was gorgeous and charming. Colleen Houck has written a novel that is beautiful and moving, and will have you completely absorbed in this wonderfully vivid magical world that she has created. She will make you fall desperately in love and then rip your heart out! I was consistently late for work while reading this book, for always wanting to read just a little bit more!
Read my full review of it here.
Synopsis from Goodreads:
The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she'd be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.
But that's exactly what happened.
Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.
I loved Tiger's Curse (as you can see) and have started reading book 2 in the series already. Can I just say that A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness was a very close second for this prize- fantastic book!
I would love to see what your favourite book of the month was- so hop on over to Lyrical's blog to check it out, and add your post to the linky!