Saturday 29 January 2011

Reading challenges for 2011

I have been meaning to do this since the beginning of January- I have finally got around to joining some reading challenges for the year ahead. The challenges I've signed up for are posted on the side bar- but I'm not really sure yet how I'm going to keep track of what I've read for each challenge (I'm fairly new to this blogging thing!)
The challenges I'm participating in are:
The vampire challenge hosted by Parajunkee- to read 20 books with a vampire main character
I have a good idea of books that I expect I'll read for this challenge- I really want to read the Morganville Vampires series, and Rebecca Maizel's Infinite Days, and several others, so this is a realistic challenge for me. The annoying thing is that so far this year, I have read books FEATURING a vampire character (Paranormalcy, Mortal Coil) but these aren't allowed to count because the vampire is not the main character.

I've also set myself the Shifter challenge hosted by Parajunkee- to read 20 books featuring a shifter or werewolf as the main character.

I want to read Rachel Vincent's Shifter series, and possibly Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series, and I'm a fan of Kelley Armstrong's shifter books as well, so hopefully the 20 books can be achieved this year.

Another one that caught my eye is The Story Siren's debut author challenge- to try and read 12 YA books by a debut author.

There are a lot of books coming out this year by new authors that look really exciting and are getting great reviews, so I should be able to find 12 titles to read.

Also, the Dystopian Challenge hosted by BA Reading Challenges- to read 15 dystopian books in 2011

I really want to read books like Matched by Ally Condie, Delirium, and I've already read Across the Universe and Inside Out which can count for this challenge.
And finally- the E-book challenge hosted by The Ladybug Reads- to read 12 E-books this year

I think I can aim to try to read at least one book a month on the kindle, and complete this challenge.

Phew! So here I go- I'm only going to read books that I enjoy and that I would have read anyway, but I like these challenges so that I can feel like there is a goal, and it will make me feel like I've achieved something at the end of the year if I manage to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva