Wednesday 12 January 2011

'Entice' by Carrie Jones

Entice (Need, #3)Entice by Carrie Jones


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


**Possible spoilers***




I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this review but I didn't love this book to be honest. I had to get Entice to find out how the story which started in Need and Captivate ends, and if they manage to get Nick back, but wasn't all that enthused about it. It was okay, but felt a bit clunky and disjointed, full of pointless description (does it matter if the girl sitting across from her has 'major visible panty line'?) and it jumps about in time and place as well. Astley's explanation of how his first queen died jumps in perspective between Zara's point of view and Astley's (p. 176), which I found really annoying and distracting. But it was little things like this plus the disjointed dialogue that really spoiled it a lot for me.


Zara winds me up as well, with her constant squee, and bouncing, and flinging her arms around people and "yeah, like so totally". I know she's only 16 but still... and she's described as a hero and a great leader...really?


Their 'quest' to rescue Nick from Valhalla just involves countless leads and dead ends followed by being attacked by pixies, and when they do eventually find the right way to send Zara in, it's only 40 pages of Zara just striding in, asking nicely for Nick back and walking back out with him again. Okay, I tell a lie, Zara has to duel against another Pixie king first, but even that is short and pointless. In a sword fight with an experienced fighter, Zara ducks and jumps and waggles a sword about and wins?! I never imagined a daring quest into a magical mythical realm for warriors would be so... well, dull.


The only real positives about this book for me were any part where Astley was in it being all cute, and the fact that it was very short.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva