Thursday 31 July 2014

Best of the Bunch July

Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted here on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favourite book of that month.

I always put up my post on the last day of the month, but remember, you can add your link in anytime in the following month.

July 2014

This month I had challenged myself to read at least 9 books, publish at least two book reviews, and write at least one "fun" post. This is a repeat of the challenge from June... which I failed.  


This month I have read-




  • The One by Keira Cass (The Selection, book 3)- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (Grisha, book 3)- 4.5 of 5 stars
  • Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine's, book 2)- 4 of 5 stars
  • The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa (Blood of Eden, book 3)- 5 of 5 stars
  • Of Triton by Anna Banks (Syrena, book 2)- 4 of 5 stars
  • One Tiny Lie by K.A Tucker (Ten Tiny Breaths, book 2)- 3 of 5 stars
  • Hexed by Michelle Krys- 2 of 5 stars
  • Adaptation by Malinda Lo- 4 of 5 stars
I reviewed-


Darn it! 8 and a half books- so close!!  I am pleased with my 3 book reviews though. NEXT month I will DEFINITELY read 9 books or more!


My pick for the winner of the title of Best of the Bunch July is...


...drumroll...




...The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa!







The Forever Song  by Julie Kagawa
Goodreads

Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her creator Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost - the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie. 

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, her triumph will be short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

THE FINAL HUNT IS ON.
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


These books are always dramatic and moving, and I love the main character Allie. 

I read a few really great books this month. What was the best book you read in July? If you write a monthly wrap-up post feel free to link it up here. Or let me know in the comments which book was YOUR favourite this July. 


3 comments:

  1. I've been a little disappointed by all the 3 and 2 star books I read this month but there have been a few good ones. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why oh why have I not read The Forever Song yet?! I don't know what I'm waiting for since I LOVED the first two books in this series - maybe I just don't want it to end!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm glad you loved The One - I was SO happy that it turned out to be good, since I was a bit iffy on The Elite. Sorry you didn't quite make your goal, but you were so close! Next month for sure!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva