This month I have reviewed on the blog:
- Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers (4 of 5 stars)
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (4 of 5 stars)
- Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick (4.5 of 5 stars)
- The Missing by Lisa McMann (4.5 of 5 stars)
- Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck (4.5 of 5 stars)
- Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien (4.5 of 5 stars)
- Blood by K.J Wignall (3 of 5 stars)
- Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel (5 of 5 stars)
- Wherever You Go by Heather Davis (3.5 of 5 stars)
... Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel!
This book has it all- action, drama, romance... and zombies! It is funny and sweet and, despite featuring characters who eat brains, still manages to be very cool and sophisticated. Read my full review of the book, and check out the video for Stephanie Mabey's hilarious 'Zombie Song' here.
Love conquers all, so they say. But can Cupid’s arrow pierce the hearts of the living and the dead—or rather, the undead? Can a proper young Victorian lady find true love in the arms of a dashing zombie?
The year is 2195. The place is New Victoria—a high-tech nation modeled on the manners, mores, and fashions of an antique era. A teenager in high society, Nora Dearly is far more interested in military history and her country’s political unrest than in tea parties and debutante balls. But after her beloved parents die, Nora is left at the mercy of her domineering aunt, a social-climbing spendthrift who has squandered the family fortune and now plans to marry her niece off for money. For Nora, no fate could be more horrible—until she’s nearly kidnapped by an army of walking corpses.
To read any of the other book reviews mentioned above please check out the blog archive on the sidebar on the right -->>
I would love to see what book your award would go to, so check out Lyrical's blog to add your post to the list. Leave me a comment below as well, and thanks for reading!