On my birthday last week I got some money and vouchers which I used to buy... books!
- Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, I love the sound of this book which sounds really unique and original, with magic, prophecies, a love story and a quest.
I also went a bit mad on the Zombie books this week- Braaaaains!
- The First Days by Rhiannon Frater. A post-zombie apocalypse novel with kick-ass girl heroines. I first noticed this book in a review by Ashley of The Bookish Brunette (whose blog is awesome, and her enthusiam for zombie novels is infectious). But all the 5 star reviews on Amazon and Goodreads speak for themselves. I can't wait to read this.
- I Kissed A Zombie, And I Liked It by Adam Selzer.
- Zombie Queen of Newbury High by Amanda Ashby. I bought Ashby's other novel Fairy Bad Day earlier in the year, but still haven't read it yet. Both these books look like funny light-hearted fun, and I hope I get a chance to read them soon, probably when I need an injection of fluffy silliness.
From the Library:
- Heist Society by Ally Carter. Ally Carter's other series Gallagher Girls is very clever, very sweet and really funny, so I'm really looking forward to reading this new series about a teenage cat burglar.
- Sweetly by Jackson Pearce. This is a modern retelling of the old fairystory Hansel and Gretel and a companian novel to Sisters Red (which was a fantastic book).
- Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan. This is a futuristic sci-fi novel about a family travelling in a spaceship to a distant planet. Love triangles, betrayals and attacks on the ship from outside. This sounds like a really good book.
Those were the books that came into my house the past week- what did you get?