Wednesday 11 December 2013

Top 10 books read in 2013

Well it's nearly the end of the year now, and I wanted to sum up the best books of the year.
These are the top ten books I read in 2013...

Boy, this has been a hard list to narrow down!

  • Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices, book 3), probably the most anticipated release of this year- and it didn't disappoint!
  • Altered by Jennifer Rush. A surprising thrill ride of a book, very clever.
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles, book 2)- I love everything about this series.


  • Angel Fever by L.A Weatherly (Angel, book 3). I was so excited to read this one- I picked it up the second it arrived and then couldn't put it down. This series is so absorbing.
  • Deadly Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock. Not sure you like werewolf books? Then try this book- it may just change your mind! I love it.

  • Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger. The potential of this series is huge- I felt like it was a new Harry Potter series, with magic and intrigue, humour and a great cast of characters in a school setting. 
  • Dare You To by Katie McGarry (Pushing The Limits, book 2). I didn't think anything that strayed from the story of Noah and Echo would ever be as good- but this one took my breath away just as much as the first in the series. This one kept me awake at night because I couldn't put it down. 
  • The 100 by Kass Morgan. I can literally not stop thinking about this book- it's got it all- action, survival, a great cast of characters, a romance and a good back story. 
  • Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, book 2). I love this series so much- the complexity of it and the great characters, and the beautiful writing... if I was stranded on a desert island I would want this series with me to reread over and over again.
  • If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch. This book made me cry. I admired the strength and integrity of the main character so much, and the story itself kept me gripped. This is another book I couldn't put down. I always say I don't read very many contemporary novels, but the ones I have picked up this year have been incredible. 

So, those were the best books I read in 2013.

I read a lot of really amazing books this year, and I've enjoyed reminding myself of these gems I loved throughout the year. 


5 comments:

  1. I LOVED Scarlet and Days of Blood and Starlight. I expected / hoped the latter would be awesome, but I was surprised by Scarlet.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Etiquette & Espionage. The cover is very sophisticated.

    Yuska @ Lust and Coffee
    http://lustandcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so somehow, I requested the audiobook of If You Find Me at the library instead of the actual book. And boy, was I glad I did! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list. I've only read 2 of the boos you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these yet! Dang! I do have a copy of Angel Fever that I'm going to start soon. I can't wait to read DoB&S but I'm waiting closer to the last books release date to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva