These are the top ten books I read in 2013...
Boy, this has been a hard list to narrow down!
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices, book 3), probably the most anticipated release of this year- and it didn't disappoint!
- Altered by Jennifer Rush. A surprising thrill ride of a book, very clever.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles, book 2)- I love everything about this series.
- Angel Fever by L.A Weatherly (Angel, book 3). I was so excited to read this one- I picked it up the second it arrived and then couldn't put it down. This series is so absorbing.
- Deadly Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock. Not sure you like werewolf books? Then try this book- it may just change your mind! I love it.
- Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger. The potential of this series is huge- I felt like it was a new Harry Potter series, with magic and intrigue, humour and a great cast of characters in a school setting.
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry (Pushing The Limits, book 2). I didn't think anything that strayed from the story of Noah and Echo would ever be as good- but this one took my breath away just as much as the first in the series. This one kept me awake at night because I couldn't put it down.
- The 100 by Kass Morgan. I can literally not stop thinking about this book- it's got it all- action, survival, a great cast of characters, a romance and a good back story.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, book 2). I love this series so much- the complexity of it and the great characters, and the beautiful writing... if I was stranded on a desert island I would want this series with me to reread over and over again.
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch. This book made me cry. I admired the strength and integrity of the main character so much, and the story itself kept me gripped. This is another book I couldn't put down. I always say I don't read very many contemporary novels, but the ones I have picked up this year have been incredible.
So, those were the best books I read in 2013.
I read a lot of really amazing books this year, and I've enjoyed reminding myself of these gems I loved throughout the year.