Wednesday 5 June 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #30

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.


I love books about people with powers anyway, but I have also heard such great things about this author as well. This one has been on my wishlist for a while.




Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Goodreads

Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows. 
Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, shes more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man shes sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, shes willing to do anything to hold her sisters hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?


But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, shes not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.



What do you think- looks good right? Has anybody read it already?


8 comments:

  1. I have seen this book around at the opening of my blog and it's been on my TBR pile ever since but I always kind of forget about it...
    Nice pick.

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno why, but I'm actually getting really tired of books featuring girls dying in car crashes. It hits really close to home with me, and I feel like it's making a cliche of a very serious event. Just my opinion though, hah.

    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one :) It was pretty good! Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been intrigued by this book and it's on my TBR list as well. Sounds like an intense read. Great pick!

    Ann@Blogging Profits

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I'd want to read it, but I do keep hearing about this author. Have you read other books by her? Any you'd recommend? Enjoy!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Cursed. It was a great book! Armentrout is an amazing writer! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/wishlist-wednesday-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was great, I'm going to the bookstore!

    Bookquoter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog. Please follow mine, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva