About the Book:
1. Can you describe The Watcher in 5 words or less?
Angel sins redeemed by love.
2. How long have you been working on The Watcher, and how did the idea come about?
I started working on The Watcher in April 2009, but the story itself started three years before that, with an idea about a boy who woke up one day to discover he was an angel. However, I couldn't get his voice right, so I felt it was best to pair him with a human girl who was the only one who could see what he really did and tell his story from her point of view.
3. Which of your characters is your favourite and why? Who is the most fun to write?
Michael is my favourite character, because he's been with me the longest, and I can empathize with him. But I have to admit, Damiel was the most fun to write. It made me think of famous actors who say they have the most fun playing villains.
4. If your book was being made into a movie who would you envision in the leading roles?
Though I didn't write the characters in The Watcher with actors in mind, I'd love to see a young Henry Cavill as Michael (perhaps a shorter haired version of himself in the movie Tristan and Isolde), and Mia I picture as being like Emilia Clarke, but with her original hair colour.
5. Have you always wanted to be a writer? Do you have any special places or routines to write or can you write anywhere?
I've wanted to be a writer since high school, where I spent more time writing stories than focusing on homework. I enjoy writing at home or in a local cafe.
Oh! There have been so many it's hard to count! Most recently, I'd have to say Anna and the French Kiss, because it was absolutely delightful.
7. Final silly question- if you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
I'd love to be able to smite demons with a single touch. I'm a big fan of smiting. I even love the word, 'smite'. But I suppose that would mean I'd have to actually be around demons, which might not be so much fun.
Lisa Voisin and Inkspell Publishing are giving away print (US/Canada/UK) and ebook (INT) copies of The Watcher as well as this lovely angel wing necklace.
Thanks for stopping by! Good luck with the competition!