Sunday 28 October 2012

Showcase Sunday 28th October 2012

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted every Sunday by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This is a chance for all us book bloggers to showcase our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.



I had been having a bit of a new book lull lately- well that's over! I got some amazing books lately! With it being my birthday, and going away last week, this is two weeks worth of goodies.

Birthday:
It must be obvious that I really like books! Over my birthday I got this gorgeous book locket, this cute bookmark, and this awesome book clock. With my birthday money I have also treated myself to a new kindle touch. 



I also got For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. Goodreads. A new dystopian re-telling of my favourite Jane Austen book Persuasion, which sounds amazing and which I'm so excited to read. 








From the library:
Defiance by C.J Redwine Goodreads. This is a YA fantasy and it sounds so amazing. 




The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long. Goodreads. This is descibed as "a mix of romance, fairytale and suspense"- sounds good to me!





Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Goodreads. I absolutely love the sound of this book, which is a YA sci-fi. Most of the reviews I have seen have been fangirling 5 star reviews. I have high hopes. 





Betrayal by Gregg Olsen. Goodreads. This is book 2 in the Empty Coffin series about psychic twins Hayley and Taylor. I read the first in the series (Envy) last year and really enjoyed it. Eerie and clever, I'm looking forward to reading this one. 






Audiobooks:
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. Goodreads. This is another one that I'm really looking forward to reading. I love the sound of it- a twist on the mythology of mermaids. 



The Diviners by Libba Bray. Goodreads. I have no idea what it's about but I absolutely love Libba Bray, so of course I'm going to read it!





The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater. Goodreads. This is an author that isn't very widely known but whenever I see a review of one of her books on blogs it is always amazing. This book has a 4.48 star average on Goodreads, which is incredible. And after reading The First Days by this author recently and LOVING it, I know she can write. This is a futuristic zombie novel. 






Huh- so a lot of blue/green/grey covers this week. A whole bunch of awesome looking books though, and I'm looking forward to reading them all. 
What books did you get this week?

Happy reading! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow - that clock looks amazing! I'm also curious what the kindle Touch is like. I have the Kindle Keyboard which I adore and wouldn't want to give up, but I do wonder what the differences between kindles are like!
    The rest of your haul is great - I would love to read For Darkness Shows The Stars! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, so many gorgeous books! I loved The Diviners so much, it takes some patience to read the first part, but it's well worth the trouble. I have Defiance on the way too and I can't wait to get it.
    Happy reading.
    Oh, and I'm a new follower too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored FDsTS! Such a beautiful story! <3 Hope you enjoy. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice showcase, especially For Darkness Shows the stars :) It looks a great read and i have read loads of good reviews for it :)Nice Kindle aswell :)

    New Follower :)

    My Showcase Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to read For Darkness Shows the Stars! Mostly because of the cover, yes, but I also love sci-fi so... EEP!

    I'm also really interested in reading Obsidian! Everyone seems to love it so I'm hoping it's good.

    Enjoy your books! And happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Book Clock. And yay for Kindle Touch. Love all those books. Belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a brilliant birthday! You got dome lovely stuff... I love the clock that is my favourite. :-) I have Defiance and it looks solo good and I can't wait to read it. Obsidian, I have heard so many brilliant reviews about it and I still haven't got it! All of your books look increbile the covers are beautiful. :-).

    I'm a new follower... My SS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blog! :)

    :hits follow button:

    :)
    From the Kozy Korner,
    Kimberly
    KimberlysKozyKorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love the necklace - and that clock! How creative!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva