Sunday 2 September 2012

Showcase Sunday 2nd September 2012

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted every Sunday by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This is a chance for all us book bloggers to showcase our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.
It's a great way to see what new books are coming out, which books people are most excited for, and a great way for me to find new books to pine after, to find new blogs to follow, and new bloggers to squee over books with! 


A few great books this week, I'm so excited about both of them.



Bought: Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh. GoodreadsThis is the sequel to Nevermore which ended on a cliff-hanger two years ago! Sequel is finally here so I need to remind myself what happened in book 1 and dive into this one. [YA romance based on a legend around Edgar Allen Poe]
From the library: The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo. GoodreadsYes! I can finally get to read this one after badgering the library to buy it for a while. I've read so many 5 star reviews about this book, so I'm really looking forward to it now! This is published with a different cover under the title Shadow and Bone in the USA. [YA fantasy]

So, those were the books I got this week. What did you get?
Happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. Ooo, the Gathering Dark is on my TBR pile and I had forgotten about it! I will have to dust it off soon and give a whirl as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gathering Dark looks awesome :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gathering Dark looks so good and the cover is lovely. Will definitely need to go and check this one out! Hope you enjoy your new books! :)

    -Becca@Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/showcase-sunday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so can't wait to get a copy of Shadow and Bone! My library doesn't have it sadly. I hope you have fun reading both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover from Shadow and Bone. I have the other one, but I still haven't read it. I really need to.

    Happy reading! :D

    My showcase Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of either of these books, but I love the sound of them. I hope you enjoy them both - happy reading! :)
    My Showcase Sunday:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/showcase-sunday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeee Gathering Dark/Shadow and Bone and I'm so excited about Enshadowed! I bought it this week myself, so I hope it's as good as Nevermore! :D Enjoy!

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the sound of the Nevermore series. Hope you enjoy this weeks books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Shadow and Bone is called The Gathering Dark, there? I would have never guessed it was the same book! I loved that book, though I hope you do,too! It's a great fantasy (And I generally don't like fantasy)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva