Sunday 10 April 2011

In My Mailbox 10th April 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren where we can show off all the books we got this week.
I don't have a lot to report this week as I'm trying desperately to reign myself in and stop getting more books before my reading pile buries me! This won't take long- it's just one book that I'd pre-ordered from Amazon ages ago and it finally dropped through the letterbox on Friday.

Bought:

  • The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong- This is another author that I love and although this book is the first in a new series (the Darkness Rising series), it is based on the world in her Darkest Powers trilogy, and features some of the minor characters from those books. The Summoning, The Awakening, and The Reckoning were all such brilliant books with supernaturals and a romance story that I just loved, and Kelley Armstrong's fantastic writing and her ability to hook you into the story and really connect with the characters. I wanted this book when I first heard about it a year ago, and am really excited that it's finally here.

I started reading it on Friday, the day I got it, and am already more than half way through. I absolutely love it so far, so look for my review in the next couple of days!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy this. l need to read The Summoning series by Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really good book! Cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a great cover! hope you enjoy it, i have not read that series yet.

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard about Kelley Armstrong before, but I know I should check it out soon! Enjoy your new book! Looking forward to your review :)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such good things about this one. Hope you enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard really good things about The Gathering. Looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva